Whistler Handheld Digital Police Scanner
- Exclusive Whistler object-oriented common user interface simplifies data entry, browsing, and control methods used for every scan-able object (All are programmed and stored the same way)
- Virtual Scanner mode stores 21 various scanner configurations for a total storage capacity of over 37,000 scan-able objects
- Multi-System Trunking scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats
- Spectrum Sweeper quickly sweeps the scanner"?s frequency ranges for transmissions from nearby sources while locking out found sources
- Skywarn button allows quick access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks
- Scan List allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preferences
- Programmable multi-color LED alert illuminates or flashes when certain objects are active
- Real-time signal strength indicator shows strength of received signals
- Free-Form Memory Organization provides dynamic and efficient memory allocation
- Free Expedited Shipping for most order over $299
- Industry Leading Warranties + Expedited Exchanges
- Hassle-Free 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Unlimited US-Based Technical Support
Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation
The WS1040 Whistler Handheld Digital Scanner is a multi-system adaptive digital tracking and trunking scanner that enables you to detect, monitor and store frequency signals from police, fire, aircraft, ham radio, and weather transmissions.
The digital scanner can store up to 21 various scanner configurations and over 37,000 scan-able objects.
The digital police scanner features Whistler’s exclusive Object Oriented User Interface simplifies data entry, browsing, and control methods used for every scan-able object by programming and storing each component the same way.
To further simplify setup and provide ease-of-use, each menu item provides a few lines of help text for assistance with programming and using the scanner.
Virtual Scanner Mode with V-Scanner Technology allows you to save complete radio configurations within the radio, for recall into main memory as needed in the field. 21 V-Scanner folders are provided, each capable of storing over 1,800 objects. Total memory capacity of main memory combined with V-Scanners is capable of storing over 37,800 objects.
A Scan List function allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preference.
Multi-System Trunking scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talk group and individual call monitoring are supported. A real-time signal strength indicator shows the relative strength of received signals.
LTR Home Repeater AutoMove takes the guesswork out of programming LTR trunking systems when the home repeater order is not known. Simply enter the LTR system frequencies in any order, and the scanner will automatically move the frequencies to the proper home repeater slots as transmissions are received on the system.
A Skywarn button allows quick access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. You can monitor storm conditions in real-time and be aware of dangerous storm conditions—before they are announced to the general public— by the media or emergency management officials.
A SAME/FIPS weather alert feature displays the weather event and sounds an alert for a specific county, or counties of your choice. The scanner can check your local NOAA weather frequency periodically, even while scanning, and alert you when an All Hazards alert occurs.
The handheld digital police scanner features a powerful Spectrum Sweeper to rapidly detect, monitor and store new frequencies from nearby radio transmitters, and lock out found frequencies, while continuing the search in the same band.
The digital radio scanner features a programmable multi-color LED Alert that illuminates or flashes when certain objects are active. Eight user-defined colors can be specified from thousands of possible combinations. Programmable audible alarms can be configured to sound when certain “Scan-able Objects” are active. This feature can be used in conjunction with or separately with the LED Alert function.
Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking eliminates cumbersome manual adjustments. This feature automatically adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, and analyzes over 50 times per second, while adapting to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading. Digital AGC instantly compensates for low user audio levels that are common on digital systems.
Free-Form Memory Organization provides dynamic and efficient memory allocation.
Frequency bands received include:
- 29–54 MHz (VHF Lo)
- 108–136.99166 MHz (Aircraft)
- 137–174 MHz (VHF Hi)
- 216-225 MHz (VHF, Ham)
- 225-406 MHz (Gov/Military)
- 406-512 MHz (UHF)
- 700 Bands (Public Service)
- 800/900 Bands (Public Service)
- 1240-1300 MHz (Ham)
The handheld digital scanner comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- (1) Whistler handheld digital scanner
- (1) AC adapter
- (1) Flex antenna
- (1) Black battery shell
- (1) Yellow rechargeable battery shell
|Connectors||BNC antenna connnector|
|Power Supply Included||Yes|
|File Name||File Size||File Type|