Warranty and Returns
How long is the warranty on my product?
All of our products carry a minimum 90-day warranty. Generally our warranties range from 1 to 3 years for standard CCTV products and accessories. We also honor manufacturer warranties on all third-party products. Warranty coverage is measured from the date of purchase.
What is covered by my product warranty?
Your product warranty covers any product malfunctions or product defects that prevent your product from working properly.
What is NOT covered by my product warranty?
The warranty does not cover any product that is modified from its original factory condition, any damages incurred during shipment, any damage caused by acts of nature, any damage due to vandalism, or any damages due to the improper installation of the product. (This includes not following instructions, installing your own hard drive in a DVR, cutting cables, cutting connectors off of a camera, or any modifications to your camera.)
What is covered by the Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty?
Our Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty applies provides comprehensive coverage for any Alibi-branded product, including:
- Alibi DVRs: physical recorders, components, fans, and pre-installed hard drives
- Alibi Cameras: imagers, components, built-in IR illuminators, housings, brackets and accessories
- Alibi PTZ Cameras: imagers, components, pan/tilt motors, and housings
- Alibi Monitors
- Note: this policy applies to all technologies: analog, HD-TVI, and IP
If you experience an issue with your Alibi product, we provide unlimited technical support, free of charge – and manage all returns and exchanges directly, minimizing unnecessary down-time.
Learn more about the Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty »
What about warranty coverage for third-party brands?
We honor manufacturer warranties for all third-party products. If you experience an issue with your third-party product, we provide direct technical support, free of charge. Simply call our technical support team with your questions, and we’ll be happy to help you.
For details on a specific third-party manufacturer’s warranty, please refer to the following:
- Middle Atlantic
- Western Digital
How do I send my product back for repair or replacement?
- Call Tech Support at 877-995-2288 – or fill out our online RMA request form.
- A technical support specialist will first try to help you troubleshoot your product.
- If your product needs repair/replacement, you will be issued an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number.
- Pack the product carefully with any parts and accessories that were included with the product.
- Write the RMA number clearly on the exterior shipping box, and in the ATTN line on your shipping label. Not including this information on the exterior shipping box and label will cause delays in the processing of your RMA. (NOTE: Never write the RMA number on the original product packaging.)
- Not including this information on the exterior shipping box will cause delays in the processing of your RMA
- Ship the product back to us:
11000 N Mopac Expressway, Building 300
Austin, TX 78759
Who pays for the return shipping of my product?
AFTER the first 30 days of purchase: You are responsible for paying return shipping fees. We will cover all shipping fees for products shipped back to you.
WITHIN the first 30 days of purchase: In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will cover all shipping charges to and from your location. Our Tech Support department will issue shipping labels upon request.
What is an RMA number?
An RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number is required any time you ship a product back to us (e.g. credit, warranty, repair, etc).
Why do I need an RMA number? Why can’t I just ship the product back to you?
RMA numbers allow us to quickly identify any returned product, ensure that we get it to the right location, and allow us to more efficiently reference the returned item(s) to your order. Failure to obtain and clearly display your RMA number can cause major delays in our product resolution process.
What if my product is not repairable?
If your product is under warranty, you will receive a replacement unit of that product – or of comparable product to your original purchase.
Will my replacement product be new?
Depending on availability of inventory, replacement products may either be new or refurbished.
What is covered in my 30-day Money-Back Guarantee?
If you are not completely satisfied with your product, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return the product – either for store credit towards the purchase of another product, or for credit back in the amount of the original purchase price of the product. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. In-store credits expire within one year of issuance.
- The customer is responsible for the return shipping charges related to any non-defective products.
- All returned products must be accompanied by an RMA number and returned in our original packing materials in new condition. “New condition” means that the product is in the condition you received it, is unmodified, and includes all parts accessories and documentation.
- Please be sure to pack your product carefully in its original packaging and then in another box to ship back to us.
- Failure to return products in the proper condition may result in a refusal of the return or may be subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee.
- Covert items, DVRs, VCRs and all other recording devices are subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee.
- Special orders, custom built items and opened software may not be returned.