What are the Alibi Power Tools?
Remote Backup allows users to manually or automatically back up large blocks of video from an Alibi recording device. This tool enables redundant storage on a separate server or storage device, so that your video evidence is protected and readily available in the event of a system failure or other unwanted incident.
- Provides long-term video archiving and scheduled offloading of data.
- Minimizes storage size via compressed files.
- Offers easy export of small video segments into .MP4 files.
Local Playback allows users to play back video from cloned hard drives of the Alibi 5000 Series recorders.
- Enables the removal of Alibi recorder hard drive disks.
- Provides USB/SATA event searching in the event of recorder failure.
The Disk Calculator enables users to pre-plan storage needs based on project requirements. Simply enter the number of cameras, resolution, and bit rate, and the tool calculates the amount of storage required for the application.
- Enables you to get an estimate of the amount of hard drive storage you need, based on your application needs and camera settings.
- Allows for adjustment of storage time needed (such as 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, etc.).
The Bandwidth Calculator enables users to determine the amount of bandwidth needed based on your project requirements. Simply enter the number of cameras you will be using, along with streaming information. The tool calculates the total bandwidth required on your network based on those settings.
- Enables you to better plan and calculate network bandwidth storage needs.
- Provides pre-installation and post-installation bandwidth calculations.
The Discovery Tool allows for the convenient search and discovery of all Alibi devices on your Local Area Network (LAN), including: DVRs, HVRs, NVRs, and IP cameras.
- Automatically displays IP addresses.
- Enables users to change the IP address without having to log into the device.
- Provides security master password recovery if an administrator password is lost or forgotten.
The Focus Assistant enables you to view the live stream of an Alibi IP camera (if on your PC, or remotely, we should say here) and adjust camera focus. The focus assistant provides a target line in grid format below the image for focusing. A second line rises to meet the first target line in the grid to let you know the lens is properly focused.
- Foolproof grid line matchup makes focusing easy.
- Saves installation time. Focusing an IP camera can be a tedious task; the focus assistant eliminates human error, and provides a smoother, faster installation.
Batch Configuration allows you to configure multiple devices, such as IP cameras or recorders of the same model, to the exact same settings.
- Provides simultaneous settings updates to multiple like devices (such as FPS, bit rate, and recording quality).
- Saves time programming device settings.
Batch Upgrading allows a user to simultaneously update the firmware of multiple Alibi recording devices.
- Reduces updating time, especially for large-scale security deployments.
- Eliminates additional IT resources needed for multi-site deployments.